This guide outlines the main steps that you need to follow in order to integrate and configure WebSpellChecker Proofreader with a new auto-searching functionality. All the described steps are provided for the Server version of WebSpellChecker Proofreader.
Good to know:
- WebSpellChecker Proofreader is a new standalone control based on the SpellCheckAsYouType (SCAYT) product that is used for spell and grammar checking, proofreading as you type.
- The new autoSearch feature brings awesome capabilities and simplifies the integration of proofreading functionality in web applications. It automatically searches and detects all the editable elements that are present on the page. As soon as an end user sets focus on this editable element or rich text editor (starts typing), WebSpellChecker Proofreader will be enabled.
1. Add WebSpellChecker Proofreader Script
Add the WProofreader script to your web page using the following script:
2. Initialize WebSpellChecker Proofreader with 'autoSearch'
It will take you less than five minutes to enable the multi-language proofreading functionality in your web application. You just need to add the next simple scripts and define the required parameters.
- Enable autoSearch functionality.You need to define the autoSearch parameter in order activate auto-searching functionality of WebSpellChecker Proofreader.
- Adjust the default parameters. Check a full list of WebSpellChecker Proofreader API parameters and their possible values to adjust default settings of WebSpellChecker Proofreader to meet your needs.
In order to configure secure SSL connection between your application and AppServer, it is also required to perform the additional steps as described on the Setup SSL Connection with AppServer 5.0 page.
Check a demo page with WebSpellChecker Proofreader for Editable Controls on our website.