Before you begin:
- Check if your environment configuration meets Installation requirements.
- Acknowledge with Architecture diagram.
Make sure that you have a valid license:First of all you need to get a valid License Ticket ID to proceed with the license activation. Depending on the server license type, it may be a commercial (e.g. 1 year) or a 30-day trial license. Except the validity period, there is no difference between ticket types from the technical perspective.
Good to know:
- If you do not have a license yet, you can obtain it using one of the following ways:
- Starting from v5.8.1 released on December 30, 2020, the license is no longer validated by or tied to the hardware characteristics of a machine or server. License for older versions of the packages is hardware-dependent.
- If you are migrating WebSpellChecker from one server to another, you will need to deactivate (detach) a license on the current server and then reactivate it on a new one. Check carefully the Migrating License to New Server guide under the Licensing section.
- If you have problems with your license, contact us.